The WCO recommended including 10 new codes for bamboo and rattan products.
The International Network for Bamboo and Rattan (INBAR) is an intergovernmental organisation dedicated to improving the livelihoods of the poor producers and users of bamboo and rattan, within the context of a sustainable natural environment.
- INBAR connects a global network of partners from the government, private and non-profit sectors in over 50 countries.
- INBAR promotes sustainable development with bamboo and rattan by consolidating, coordinating and supporting strategic and adaptive research and development.
- Climate Change
Bamboos are versatile resources that can help us tackle and live with climate change.
- Environmental Sustainability
Bamboo and rattan combine environmental sustainability with poverty reduction.
- Poverty Alleviation
Bamboo and rattan help millions of poor rural and urban producers lift themselves out of poverty.
- Sustainable Construction
Building with bamboo is a modern, green option.
- Trade Development
Bamboo and rattan products have large and expanding markets.
- Member Countries
- INBAR 2013 Annual Report (5.52 MB)
- Boosting biodiversity, enhancing yields (7.69 MB)
- January 2014 SARO Newsletter (801.43 kB)
For complete access to all publications, please visit our Publications page.