Bamboo plantations play a critical role in guaranteeing an alternative raw material.
The International Network for Bamboo and Rattan (INBAR) is an intergovernmental organisation dedicated to improving the livelihoods of the poor producers and users of bamboo and rattan, within the context of a sustainable natural environment.
- INBAR connects a global network of partners from the government, private and non-profit sectors in over 50 countries.
- INBAR promotes sustainable development with bamboo and rattan by consolidating, coordinating and supporting strategic and adaptive research and development.
- Climate Change
Bamboos are versatile resources that can help us tackle and live with climate change.
- Environmental Sustainability
Bamboo and rattan combine environmental sustainability with poverty reduction.
- Poverty Alleviation
Bamboo and rattan help millions of poor rural and urban producers lift themselves out of poverty.
- Sustainable Construction
Building with bamboo is a modern, green option.
- Trade Development
Bamboo and rattan products have large and expanding markets.
- Member Countries
- "China Sustainable Bamboo Enterprises" - celebrating five years support from Citi Foundation (1.55 MB)
- The Environmental Impact of Industrial Bamboo Products: Life Cycle Assessment and Carbon Sequestration (4.91 MB)
- International Trade in Bamboo and Rattan 2012 (7.61 MB)
For complete access to all publications, please visit our Publications page.