The event, “Food and biodiversity: supporting forest livelihoods for food security, adaptation and mitigation,” will kick off May 5 at 11 a.m.
The International Network for Bamboo and Rattan (INBAR) is an intergovernmental organisation dedicated to improving the livelihoods of the poor producers and users of bamboo and rattan, within the context of a sustainable natural environment.
- INBAR connects a global network of partners from the government, private and non-profit sectors in over 50 countries.
- INBAR promotes sustainable development with bamboo and rattan by consolidating, coordinating and supporting strategic and adaptive research and development.
- Climate Change
Bamboos are versatile resources that can help us tackle and live with climate change.
- Environmental Sustainability
Bamboo and rattan combine environmental sustainability with poverty reduction.
- Poverty Alleviation
Bamboo and rattan help millions of poor rural and urban producers lift themselves out of poverty.
- Sustainable Construction
Building with bamboo is a modern, green option.
- Trade Development
Bamboo and rattan products have large and expanding markets.
- Member Countries
- Boosting biodiversity, enhancing yields (7.69 MB)
- January 2014 SARO Newsletter (801.43 kB)
- 2014 Desktop wallpaper calendar (7.53 MB)
For complete access to all publications, please visit our Publications page.