Bamboo and rattan are strategic resource for sustainable development, but more work is needed to unlock their full potential and help them contribute to poverty alleviation, climate change mitigation, biodiversity protection, land restoration, disaster-resilient construction and green economic growth:
BARC is the first international, policy-focused dialogue and knowledge-sharing platform about bamboo and rattan. It is a forum where people can share the latest expertise and innovations in bamboo and rattan, and build new partnerships that will promote these plants’ role in sustainable development.
Over 1000 people are expected to attend, including leading lights from the private sector and high-level government officials from China and elsewhere. The event should be of interest to:
- Industry leaders and world experts in all of INBAR’s focus areas
- Senior policy makers
- High-level representatives from intergovernmental organisations and institutions working in international development and climate change
- Private sector organisations with an interest in corporate social responsibility
- Ministry and government representatives who work in the fields of poverty alleviation, climate change, energy, construction or economic growth
- Those interested in the sustainable sourcing of materials for industrial and infrastructure use
We invite you to join the 1000+ -strong conversation and help make bamboo and rattan relevant to your area of work. For more information, and to register, please go to www.barc2018.org.