In recognition of bamboo’s potential in Ecuador as a material for the construction of earthquake-resistant structures, in addition to the recent publication of a government guide on the sustainable management and use of bamboo, INBAR has co-organised a training scholarship for 29 Ecuadorians.
The Seminar, on Innovative Uses of Bamboo in Post-earthquake Reconstruction for Ecuador, is being carried out from 8 August to 8 September 2017 in China. Twenty-nine people from Ecuador’s bamboo sector have been nominated to attend the month-long training. INBAR’s Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean has worked with the Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China and Ecuador’s Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock on the project.
The topics discussed in this important International Seminar relate to:
- Policies on the sustainable development of the bamboo industry;
- Comprehensive benefits of bamboo resources;
- Standardization and bamboo products;
- Arts and techniques of bamboo constructions;
- High energy saving bamboo constructions;
- The twenty-first century bamboo industry;
- Visits to forests and factories for the production and treatment of bamboo, etc.
For more information, please contact:
Saurabh Uphadyay, International Communications (Beijing, China): firstname.lastname@example.org
Esteban Sacoto Macías, INBAR LAC Communications (Quito, Ecuador): email@example.com
INBAR’s training and capacity building work has affected tens of thousands of people. For more information, please see here.