INBAR Department :Global Programme
Report to :Programme Manager: Dutch Sino East Africa Bamboo Development Programme
Duration :18 months (July 2021 to December 2022)
INBAR is currently implementing a bamboo-based livelihood and environmental development programme, the Dutch-Sino East Africa Bamboo Development Programme
– Phase II. INBAR is looking for a consulting firm or expert to develop FSC Interim National Standard (INS), conduct the FSC main assessment audit for final certification of 1000 hectare bamboo forest at Keffa Forest in SNNPR of Ethiopia.
The consultant / agency will work closely with Programme Manager (Phase II Dutch Sino) and project staff in Ethiopia and the Ethiopia Environment Forest and Climate Change Commission (EEFCCC) to carry out the following tasks:
- Register the process for the development of the Interim National Standards (INS) with the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) performance and standards unit (PSU).
- Identify and profile all relevant stakeholders, develop capacities on significance of FSC and on compliance with FSC management systems.
- Participate in the Interim National Standards(INS) development process.
- Provide support in developing and ensuring appropriate forest management and/or Chain of Custody systems are put in place.
- Undertake on-site audit and prepare audit report: Conduct and/or facilitate the pre-assessment audit and main assessment audit of the project site within three months of FSC approval of Interim National Standards(INS).
- Develop the draft Interim National Standards (INS) for Ethiopia and test it in the field for validation and avail certification of 1000 hectares bamboo forest in Kaffa forest, SNPPR, Ethiopia for the benefits of the community and industry.
- Submit the final Interim National Standards(INS) document to FSC authority for approval.
- Other tasks that may be required for getting FSC certificate and license code.
- An inception report comprising of detailed work plan, methodology of the work plan for developing Interim National Standard (INS) and to avail FSC certification.
- Complete set of functional field assessment report encompassing planning, preparation, site assessment, assessment tools, capacity building, maps, and stakeholder consultation.
- Finalised draft of FSC Interim National Standard as per the FSC requirements.
- FSC main assessment audit report and certificate for 1000 hectare of bamboo forest at Kaffa forest, SNPPR in Ethiopia.
- Conduct training for the potential bamboo industries, SMEs, forest community and stakeholders on using FSC certification and compliance requirements.
- Submission of final report.
- The Firm / Team/Consultant should be a FSC accredited certification body. The consulting firm should have 5- 10 years of experience in FSC document preparation.
- Firms should have at least three years of FSC document development work experience internationally. Team members should fulfil above experience in open source technologies in designing, developing and supporting implementation of FSC document
- Considerable experience in bamboo sector in Africa with a clear understanding to build a robust FSC document system would be an added advantage
Applications (Comprising of narrative technical and detailed financial proposal) should be sent to email@example.com no later than 15thJuly 2021. Please include the following subject in the submission; – “Phase II Dutch-Sino – FSC certification”.