Location :Beijing, China
INBAR Department :Global Programme
Report to :Senior Programme Officer
Duration :1 October to 30 December
INBAR is offering internship opportunity for students who want to broaden their knowledge in the fields of bamboo resource, product development and social-economic development. Selected interns will work with Global Programme.
- Undertake data collection and literature review on bamboo plastic substitution products and other packaging materials.
- Support drafting of review / technical paper on bamboo’s suitability of plastic substitution / products as per the template.
- Support the Senior Programme Officer in project implementation as per work plan and budget including undertaking field travel when necessary.
- Provide support in regular communications with project partners to monitor physical and financial progress y against the project work plan and budget.
- Coordinate collection and compilation of project progress reports and other technical reports from partners.
- Draft case studies and news article for internal and external communications. Undertake other tasks as assigned by your supervisor
- Master degree in environmental sciences, environmental economics, Natural Resources Management or closely related academic field
- Good knowledge and skills of qualitative and quantitative analysis and relevant statistical tools
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills in English and Chinese
Applications will be accepted until a suitable applicant is found. All applications will be acknowledged, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please send a cover letter demonstrating relevant experience as described in the above job description and your cv by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also indicate your expected fee in the cover letter (total cost including daily fee, travel, food and accommodations during the field interview). Please use “INBAR Job title — NAME” as the subject of the e-mail.
To learn more about INBAR, please visit our web site at www.inbar.int