Bamboo Photo Competition
This year, INBAR is launching a competition to bring together the most creative minds and incredible images using bamboo. Photos accepted could include inspiring images of the natural world, action shots of communities working with bamboo, or some awesome pictures of the myriad ways that bamboo is used around the world.
About the International Bamboo and Rattan Organisation (INBAR)
INBAR is an intergovernmental organisation of 46 Member States that promotes the use of bamboo and rattan for sustainable development, with 5 regional offices in Cameroon, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Ghana and India.
- Send a maximum of five individual photos or a photo series of between five and ten photos per entrant
- Add a title (50 characters or less) and short description (280 characters or less) for each photo
- Make sure to include your full name, country and organisation (if applicable) so that the photos can be properly credited.
- The photos must contain bamboo in some form, and must fit into one of the following thematic categories:
- 1. Bamboo in nature
- 2. Livelihoods, lifestyles and people
- 3. Made with bamboo
- 4. Photo series
- Send your entries to email@example.com with the subject line “Photo Competition”
The deadline to enter your photos is 20 October 2020. Winners will be announced on 6 November 2020 – INBAR’s birthday!
How will the photos be judged?
A total of 12 prizes will be awarded – 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize for each of the four categories. Entries will be put to a vote on INBAR’s social media platforms. Users can vote by liking, sharing or tagging INBAR in posts. The most popular 10 entries for each category will be presented to the panel of three expert judges, who will then select the winning entries on the following criteria:
- Relevance to the theme/title
- Technical skill
- Prizes will include bamboo products and an official certificate
- Three judges will be chosen on the basis of their familiarity with the subject matter.
By entering the contest, you retain the rights to your works while granting INBAR the royalty-free, perpetual right to use, reproduce, communicate, modify and display the fully credited works (in whole or in part) for any non-commercial purpose without any fee or other form of compensation, and without further notification or permission.