INBAR International Photo Competition 2021
The INBAR 2021 Photography Competition is looking for photographs that reflect bamboo and rattan’s uses for sustainable development, particularly INBAR’s key focus areas.
The purpose of this competition is to allow bamboo and rattan enthusiasts, architects, artisans, photographers, among others to showcase these natural materials possibilities. Bamboo, the fast-growing grass plant, and rattan, the spiky climbing palm, can be important nature-based solutions to a number of pressing global challenges, for poverty alleviation, green trade, climate change mitigation and adaptation, resilient construction and environmental protection.
- This competition is open to everyone regardless of nationality.
- Participants must be 12 years old or older. Participants under 18 must have a legal representative and submit the legal representative form.
- Each participant can enter once but can submit up to 3 photos.
- Submissions must be received by 31 August 2021 at 23:59 GMT+8. Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
How to participate
- Participants should submit the photograph and details in the ‘INBAR Photography Competition 2021’ online form by 31 August 2021 at 23:59 GMT+8.
- Each photograph should be saved with the name of the photographer and title of the photograph, i.e., ‘Name_TitleofthePhoto’ when submitted to the online form.
- Photographs must be submitted in jpg/jpeg format. They must be at least 2,000 pixels on the wide side and at least 150 dpi (higher is recommended).
- Photographs cannot be edited or altered in any way, including but not limited to removing, adding, reversing, or distorting subjects within the frame.
- The photograph must be original work from the participant. The participant is responsible that the photograph does not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral rights, intellectual rights, or rights of privacy of any entity or person.
- Photographs that elevate the use of bamboo and rattan, especially in relation to INBAR’s key focus areas and the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Photograph composition
- Photograph quality
First Place USD 300
Second Place USD 200
Third Place USD 100
INBAR holds the right to declare the prize vacant if the submissions don’t align with the evaluation criteria. All winners and any commended photographer will also receive a digital winning certificate. The winners will receive the prize via bank transfer, INBAR will bear the cost of the sending fee, but the participants are responsible for any receiving fees imposed by their banks and tax. All decisions are final.
The winners will be notified via email and the winning photographs will be published on our website on 18 September 2021, to mark World Bamboo Day!
- Selection will be made by a panel of three professional photographers and INBAR’s team.
- The participant will retain the rights to their photographs, however, by joining the competition, the participant grants INBAR permission to publish the participant’s photographs in any digital and printed publication in any media format to promote the use of bamboo and rattan for sustainable development.
- Participant under 18 years old need to submit the Parental Consent Form.
- INBAR will always credit the photographer using their name when using the photograph.
- The prize must be collected by the winner or legal representative and is nontransferable.
We are eagerly looking forward to your submission and your help to promote bamboo and rattan for sustainable development!