INBAR was established in 1997 as a multilateral network of members dedicated to the promotion of bamboo and rattan for sustainable development. To celebrate the twentieth anniversary of INBAR’s establishment, INBAR will hold a “B&R + People” Photography Exhibition for its Member Countries in November 2017 at INBAR headquarters in Beijing, China, ith the aim to show the importance of bamboo and rattan to people’s lives, local ecology, economy and green sustainable development.
The photograph exhibition will primarily comprise photographs from INBAR Member Countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. INBAR invites photographers from its Member Countries to participate in the exhibition or recommend excellent relevant photographs that can be used at the event. Please see the details as below:
- June 30, 2017 – September 29, 2017
- Photos should be related to bamboo and rattan, showcasing natural/ecological landscapes, livelihoods, products, etc.
- Photos need to be in JPEG/PNG format (colour or black & white) and at least 3MB in size.
- Three to five photos from each INBAR Member Country will be selected.
- Please email your photos to the Acting Director of International Communications & Outreach, Mr. Saurabh Upadhyay at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Photo Submission for Exhibition”.
- Please specify the photographer’s name and contact information with your submission. This should be accompanied by a brief description (1-2 sentences) that states the time of capture and geolocation.
- Photos should be named in the following format: “country-photograph-title” – for example: “India – Baya Agarwal – Bamboo forest in Gujarat“.
- A Selection Committee will comprise INBAR’s Director General and Deputy Director General, two Directors, two recognised photographers and two representatives from Embassies of INBAR Member Countries.
- Selected photos will be displayed on INBAR’s website and shared on social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Weibo and WeChat) after the exhibition and will be shown again during the Global Bamboo and Rattan Congress in June 25-27, 2018 in Beijing, China.
- Photographers with the selected photos will receive a prize from INBAR.
As a non-profit international organisation, INBAR is committed to properly handling the exhibits and ensuring all photos submitted for the exhibition will be used for non-commercial activities in future. In case photographs are reused, the author’s name will be noted.
We look forward to your contribution in promoting and/or participating in our twentieth anniversary Photography Exhibition. Thank you for your support!