Dr. Abel Olajide OLORUNNISOLA
Dr. Abel Olajide OLORUNNISOLA, University of Ibadan, Nigeria
Abel Olajide Olorunnisola is a professor and the current Head of the Department of Wood Products Engineering, University of Ibadan, Nigeria. He has been on the faculty at the University of Ibadan for about 25 years, where he served as the Dean of the Postgraduate School (2010- 2014). He has also served as the President of Materials Science and Technology Society of Nigeria (2010-2014). His core expertise is in the development of sustainable construction and biofuel materials with a specific focus on rattan cane. He has conducted extensive studies on hydration behaviour of rattan-cement composites, product development and characterisation. He has also investigated the performance of rattan biofuel briquettes. He is currently investigating the potential uses of rattan-cement-clay composites in general construction, as well as the performance of torrified and carbonised rattan cane briquettes. He has authored of over 100 publications including books, chapters in books and peer-review technical articles.
- Olorunnisola, A.O. and O.O. Adefisan, 2002. Trial Production and Testing of Cement-bonded Particleboard from Rattan Furniture Waste. Wood & Fiber Science. 34 (1): 116 – 124.
- Olorunnisola, A.O. 2004. Briquetting of Rattan Furniture Waste. J. Bamboo and Rattan 3(2): 139 – 149.
- Olorunnisola, A.O. 2005. Dimensional Stability of Cement-Bonded Composite Boards Produced from Rattan Cane Particles. J. Bamboo and Rattan 4(2):173–182.
- Olorunnisola, A.O. Pitman, A. and Mansfield-Williams H. 2005a. Hydration Characteristics of Cement-Bonded Composites Made from Rattan cane and Coconut Husk. J. Bamboo and Rattan 4(2): 193 – 202.
- Olorunnisola, A.O., Pitman, A., and Mansfield-Williams H. 2005b. Strength Properties and Potential Uses of Rattan-Cement Composite Boards. J. Bamboo and Rattan 4(4):343–352.
- Olorunnisola, A.O. 2007. Effects of Particle Geometry and Chemical Accelerator on Strength Properties of Rattan–Cement Composites. African Journal of Science and Technology 8(1):22–27.
- Adefisan O.O. and Olorunnisola A.O. 2007. Compatibility of Two Rattan Species (Laccosperma secundiflorum and Calamus derratus) with Portland Cement for Particleboard Production. Journal of Applied Science, Engineering & Technology 7(1): 50-56.
- Olorunnisola, A.O. 2008. Effects of Pre-Treatment of Rattan (Laccosperma secundiflorum) on Hydration of Portland Cement and the Development of a New Compatibility Index. Cement and Concrete Composites 30 (1):37-43.
- Adefisan O.O. and Olorunnisola, A.O. 2010. Effects of Selected Pre-treatment Methods on the Hydration Behaviour of Rattan-Cement Mixtures. Bamboo and Rattan. 9(3&4): 151-158.
- Olorunnisola, A.O. and Agrawal, S.P. 2015. Effects of NaOH Concentration and Fibre Content on Physico-Mechanical Properties of Cement-Bonded Rattan Fibre Composites. Pro Ligno, International Journal of Wood Engineering 11(4): 192- 198.
- Olorunnisola, A.O. and A.K. Asimiyu 2016. Effects of Cissus populnea Gum and Rubber Latex on Physico-Mechanical Properties of Cement-Bonded Rattan Composites. Journal of Civil Engineering and Construction Technology, 7(3):20-27. DOI: 10.5897/JCECT2015.0395.
- Olorunnisola, A.O. 2017. Experimental Investigations on Cement-Bonded Rattan Cane Composites, in H. Savastano Jr., J. Fiorelli S. Francisco Dos Santos (eds.) , Sustainable and Nonconventional Construction Materials using Inorganic Bonded Fiber Composites, Published by Elsevier Woodhead Publishing, United Kingdom eBook ISBN: 9780081020029, Hardcover ISBN: 9780081020012, pp. 429-444.
- Olorunnisola A.O. 2017. Design of Structural Elements with Tropical Hardwoods, Springer Publishers, New York, ISBN 978-3-319-65342-6. 284 pp.