Dr. Muralidharan Enarth Maviton
Dr. Muralidharan Enarth Maviton, Kerala Forest Institute, India
Dr. Muralidharan is a Principal Scientist at the Forest Genetics and Biotechnology Division of the Kerala Forest Research Institute (KFRI) , Peechi, India. His research interests have been in the area of biotechnology of forestry species (particularly of rattan, bamboo and teak) and rare and endangered plants. He has been involved in collection of rattan and bamboo germplasm, its characterisation and conservation and developing clonal propagation methods, especially micropropagation. Current projects are on DNA barcoding and phylogeny of rattans. He has also developed guidelines and manuals on production of quality planting stock and establishment and management of nurseries and plantations of bamboo. He is currently the Chief Editor of the Journal of Bamboo and Rattan, an international open access journal published by KFRI.
- Propagation of Medicinal Plants, Bamboo and Rattan by tissue culture methods. Muralidharan, E.M., KFRI Research Report No. 87. 1996.
- Tissue culture of Rattan (canes) for clonal propagation. Muralidharan, E.M. KFRI Research Report 1998
- Genetic Diversity and Conservation of certain species of Rattans in Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Southern India . Renuka, C., Indira, E.P. and Muralidharan. E.M., KFRI Research Report No. 157. 1998
- Muralidharan, E.M., 2002. Micropropagation of bamboo and rattan, KFRI Handbook No 15. KFRI & UNDP. p 19
Publications in Proceedings of Symposia, Conferences etc.
- Renuka, C., Indira, E.P. and Muralidharan, E.M. (1995) Genetic Diversity and conservation of certain species of rattans in Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Southern India. In: Bamboo and Rattan Genetic Resources and Use, R. Rao and Rao, A.N. (Eds.) Proc. of Second INBAR-IPGRI Biodiversity Genetic Resources and Conservation Working Group Meeting, 28-29, November, JogJakarta, Indonesia. p. 48-50.
- Valsala, K. and E.M. Muralidharan (1999) In vitro regeneration in three species of Rattan (Calamus spp.), In : Plant Tissue Culture and Biotechnology- Emerging Trends. Kavi Kishor P.B. (Ed.) , Universities Press. p. 118-122.
- Muralidharan, E.M. (1992) Prospects for tissue culture of Rattans in India, In: Chand Bhasa, S. and Bhat, K.M. (Eds), rattan Management and Utilization. Proc. Rattan-India Seminar, India, 29- 31, January, 1992, KFRI, Trichur, Kerala. pp.148-151.
- Muralidharan, E.M. (1994) Tissue culture of Indian rattan species. Paper presented at the 2nd Asia-Pacific Conference on Agricultural Biotechnology. March 6-10, 1994, Madras. Abstract No. 107.
- Valsala, K. and E.M. Muralidharan (1998) Plant regeneration from in vitro cultures of rattan ( Calamus ). In: Damodharan, A.D. (Ed.), Proceedings of 10th Kerala Science Congress, Kozhikode , January, 1998. pp. 161-163